James Leiber, DO
Regenexx®at New Regeneration Orthopedics
James Leiber, DO, brought Regenexx treatments to Florida in 2012 and is the founder and medical director of Regenexx at New Regeneration Orthopedics. Originally from NYC, Dr. Leiber served in the Air Force as an officer, physician, and educator for over eleven years. As a faculty member of the Malcolm Grow USAF Medical Center, Dr. Leiber previously served as a White House Consulting Physician for the President and Vice President of the United States.
- Residency-trained in the Air Force at David Grant Medical Center/UC Davis
- Triple board-certified in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (AOBNMM), Pain Medicine, and Family Medicine (ABFM) as well as Registered in Musculoskeletal Sonography (RMSK)
- Completed fellowship training in research, teaching, and curriculum development at UNC-Chapel Hill
- At Boston University, Dr. Leiber spent 2 years as an Aerospace Engineering major before switching to Pre-Med and graduating with a double major (B.A.) in Psychology and Economics.
- Formally trained in Functional Medicine
- Completed The Leadership Academy program for physicians with the Florida Medical Association and the University of Florida program
- He maintains medical licenses in FL and Grand Cayman. He also travels to Cayman regularly to treat patients with their own culture-expanded healing agents. www.regenexxcayman.ky. Learn more: When to Think about Culture-Expanded Healing Agents.
- Course co-creator and previous course director for Integrative Clinical Nutrition at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he served as a professor for over seven years
- Senior faculty member and former program director for the musculoskeletal ultrasound course for the Interventional Orthopedics Foundation
- He was the lead consultant to surgeons and interventionalists at a large Brazilian healthcare network as they began clinical trials in bone marrow concentrate and PRP treatments.
- He has authored various research and textbook publications and has been an invited speaker at medical conferences.
- Awarded the prestigious Emerging Leader Award by the American Osteopathic Foundation in 2005 and the Saunders Book Award for outstanding academic achievement in physiology and pharmacology in 1999
Dr. Leiber believes that the key to effective treatment is a collaborative relationship between doctor and patient and an understanding that every person and situation is unique.
Watch: Dr. Leiber Explains Regenexx on WFLA
Latest Posts By James Lieber, DO
What is a Private Practice? New Regeneration Orthopedics of Florida at Regenexx Tampa Bay (NROFL) is a private practice setting, with four practice locations in Orlando, St. Petersburg, Tampa, and
1. What is PRP? PRP is an acronym standing for Platelet Rich Plasma. The main parts to zoom in on are the functions of each component: platelets and plasma. Platelets
Think that Hip Pain is Hip Bursitis? Think Again. Hip bursitis, which is also referred to as trochanteric bursitis, is a condition presenting as pain on the side of the