Lisa Valastro, DO
Regenexx at New Regeneration Orthopedics
Lisa Valastro, DO, is an interventional physiatrist at Regenexx at New Regeneration Orthopedics in Tampa Bay, FL. She is fellowship-trained in regenerative medicine as well as spine and peripheral joint injections with image-guided precision. She uses this training to perform Regenexx procedures, which use orthobiologics to facilitate the body’s natural healing potential. These procedures can allow patients to reduce pain and improve function while avoiding invasive surgery. Dr. Valastro also offers Tenex and Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy.
Education and Credentials
● Fellowship in Sports, Spine, and Regenerative Medicine with Dr. Marko Bodor in Napa, CA
● Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Residency completed at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY
● Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie, PA
● Bachelor of Science in Biology from Siena College in Loudonville, NY
● Assisted in teaching musculoskeletal ultrasound at AOCPMR 2022.
● Contributed to multiple research projects with the Napa Medical Research Foundation 2020-2021.
● Elected Chief Resident at Albany Medical Center for Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2018-2019.
● Presented research at AOCPMR 2018.
● Delivered several Grand Rounds for the rehab department at Albany Medical Center 2016-2018.
● Elected President of AOCPMR, LECOM chapter 2012-2013.
Dr. Valastro was raised in upstate New York and loves spending time in the Adirondacks for hiking and snowshoeing. In her spare time she also enjoys kayaking, weight lifting, and volleyball. She now lives in Tampa, Florida, with her husband and Labrador Retriever.
Watch: Who is a candidate for Regenexx Bone Marrow Concentrate therapy? (WFLA Interview with Dr. Torrance)
Latest Posts By Lisa Valastro, DO
The quick answer? Maybe not. Read the studies and learn more about the knee pain solutions available to the young.
Your Regenexx physician follows the practice of Evidence-Based Medicine, but so should all of your doctors.