Lisa Valastro, DO
Regenexx at New Regeneration Orthopedics
Lisa Valastro, DO, is an interventional physiatrist at Regenexx at New Regeneration Orthopedics in Tampa Bay, FL. She is fellowship-trained in regenerative medicine as well as spine and peripheral joint injections with image-guided precision. She uses this training to perform Regenexx procedures, which use orthobiologics to facilitate the body’s natural healing potential. These procedures can allow patients to reduce pain and improve function while avoiding invasive surgery. Dr. Valastro also offers Tenex and Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy.
Education and Credentials
● Fellowship in Sports, Spine, and Regenerative Medicine with Dr. Marko Bodor in Napa, CA
● Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Residency completed at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY
● Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie, PA
● Bachelor of Science in Biology from Siena College in Loudonville, NY
● Assisted in teaching musculoskeletal ultrasound at AOCPMR 2022.
● Contributed to multiple research projects with the Napa Medical Research Foundation 2020-2021.
● Elected Chief Resident at Albany Medical Center for Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation 2018-2019.
● Presented research at AOCPMR 2018.
● Delivered several Grand Rounds for the rehab department at Albany Medical Center 2016-2018.
● Elected President of AOCPMR, LECOM chapter 2012-2013.
Dr. Valastro was raised in upstate New York and loves spending time in the Adirondacks for hiking and snowshoeing. In her spare time she also enjoys kayaking, weight lifting, and volleyball. She now lives in Tampa, Florida, with her husband and Labrador Retriever.
Watch: Who is a candidate for Regenexx Bone Marrow Concentrate therapy? (WFLA Interview with Dr. Torrance)
Latest Posts By Lisa Valastro, DO
Breaking Down Epidural Fibrosis: Understanding the Challenges and Exploring Shockwave Therapy as a Promising Treatment Option
Back surgery is commonly performed to address a number of issues that cause pain, weakness and discomfort. Certainly in some cases it is appropriate, can provide relief and improve quality
What Is the Trigeminal Nerve? The Trigeminal Nerves are a group of nerves that originate on the brain stem. The brainstem is the uppermost part of the spinal cord as
Pickleball is a sport that is taking the world by storm. This sport is famous for being a low-barrier-to-entry way to work up a sweat, have friendly competition, and for